The Association of the Deaf of Bilbao and Bizkaia is an association Non Profit and declared of public interest .
It was founded in 1949 with the purpose of serving as a vehicle for the cohesion of the deaf people that reside in Bilbao and Bizkaia, and as the main center of communication and exchange of information and experiences.
From the Association we work so that deaf people have our rightful place in society, without barriers and without discrimination, fighting for it to recognize our rights in full equality with the rest of the citizens.
These are some of our objectives:
- Improve the quality of life of the deaf people of Bizkaia.
- Offer a field of action from which to channel solutions to common problems that affect deaf people in Bizkaia.
- Sensitize public opinion about the sociocultural reality of deaf people, our needs and idiosyncrasies.
- To demand and encourage the elimination of communication barriers that affect the deaf people of Bizkaia as a means to our social, educational and labor integration.
- Promote the dissemination, development and research of Sign Language.
- Promote and promote research on social, health, educational, labor issues, etc. as a means to prevent and overcome the discrimination that affects deaf people.
- Develop intervention programs and services aimed at providing the resources and means to facilitate the integration of deaf people in all areas of life.